Colorado Companies to Watch (CCTW) takes the usual awards program and sets it free. Start with every influential player in the business community — forward-thinking government agencies, dedicated private enterprises and their professionals, progressive not-for-profits and influential community leaders. Then canvas the entire state for companies that are quietly creating jobs, developing innovation and contributing to their communities. Put them through a proven application and selection process, and voila. Cue your goose bumps.
Colorado Companies to Watch is a unique statewide awards program recognizing growing companies that fuel the economic fire of the state. The Colorado Office of Economic Development and International Trade launched the program in 2009 in conjunction with the Edward Lowe Foundation and valuable sponsors, key drivers, community and supporting partners, and volunteers from throughout the state of Colorado. The Edward Lowe Foundation continues to serve as an advisor to the program.
At the heart of Colorado Companies to Watch is an awards program to honor second-stage companies for the critical role they play in our state and community economies. These companies are often flying under the radar of recognition. CCTW‘s collaborative model is also a powerful vehicle to energize Colorado’s entrepreneurial community.
Each year-long program is designed to rally around second-stage organizations throughout the state and the business communities that serve as their champions, nominators and underwriters. After an intense application and selection process, a gala dinner is held to celebrate the winners and their supporters.
Throughout the year, continuous value to comes to the winners and their communities through publicity and local and statewide celebratory events.
CCTW is not your usual recognition program. It:
- Is a force to bring every element of the business landscape together.
- Provides statewide visibility for companies on the cutting-edge.
- Changes the conversation from “too big to fail” corporations to “too hot to ignore” second-stage companies.
- Bestows instant credibility to finalists and winners.
- Creates the role models of our new economy.
Do you know of a company that’s worth watching? Nominations will be open later this year for the 2018 Award.
- Rick Ninneman, Chair | AmCheck
- Erin Beckstein, Vice Chair | ACED
- Greg Greenwood, Advisor to the Board | Idella Wines
- Alison Dunnebecke, Treasurer | Hein & Associates
- Julia Hill-Nichols, Secretary | LeadersCove
- Stanley Kennedy, Chair, Alumni Committee | Oakman Aerospace
- Timothy Martinez, Chair, Community & Supporting Partners (CSP) | Denver OED
- Amy Cler, Vice Chair, Community & Supporting Partners (CSP)
- Jonita LeRoy, Chair, Marketing & Events Committee | Governor’s Office of Information Technology
- Maggie Maxwell, Chair, Development Committee | GCG
2017 Judging Panel
- Sam Bailey, President & CEO, Jefferson County EDC
- Brian Burney, President & CEO, Oliver Manufacturing
- David Kendall, Founder & CEO, Bold Legal
- Kari Linker, Director of Development, Morgan County Community College
- Mike O’Donnell, Executive Director, Colorado Lending Source
- Heather Potters, Chief Business Development Officer, Pharmajet
- Sumer Sorenson-Bain, CAMT
- Richard Werner, Upstate Colorado
- Richard Wobbekind, University of Colorado Boulder
- Melodie Reagan, Program Management, Crazy Good Marketing
Board Structure, Eligibility and Process
Colorado Companies to Watch is a 501c6, and operates under formal Bylaws. Learn more about our Board election and management processes. Nominate and Apply for the CCTW Board.